Back in the fall, when went through a Craigslist craze we bought a surfboard bookshelf originally from Pottery Barn.
We filled the dent with wood filler which worked really well at binding the chips back together. However, when it came to staining, we realized that we were way out of our league! After several attempts, we sanded the whole thing down and opted for paint.
I’m really pleased with how it turned out, and can’t believe it is the same board we started with. It took much longer than it should have, but we learned a lot about redoing stuff…particularly, do a lot more research before you start staining!
To personalize it, we added a little something on the back . . . but more on that later this week!