The baby girl and I just survived over a week at home alone. Andrew was away on a business trip for his latest book, and so it was just the four girls at home in KY (the puppies totally count here). We survived, thanks to many FaceTime conversations with Ruthanne and our mom. Although I admit that my house looked like this for most of the time:
Toys and random stuff, like a hanger, everywhere. Even now that Andy is back home we still have a few shirts in the hallway. Someone learned to open both the dresser drawers and the frig this week. Fun times. 🙂 So, in honor of our time home alone, here are a few things I learned:
1. Have an alarm system installed the morning your husband leaves (or sooner). This way you will only freak out a little bit when your dogs start barking like crazy 6 seconds after you get in the shower.
2. Don’t make a big pot of soup…you won’t feel like eating anyway. Knot rolls from Fresh Market will be more than sufficient.
3. Panera stops serving breakfast at 10:30, and you can’t get a bagel sandwich at 10:42, even if you were in line at 10:30….Um, I’m pretty sure that’s a BREAKFAST place!
4. Your sister is always right, so make sure you have ice cream to go with your brownies! You are going to need both when in one day you find out you are getting a baby boy, rush all around town buying all the boy things, and then find out you aren’t getting him after all. Sad day = I need chocolate.
5. Take the baby and puppies on long walks to work off all those brownies. (Especially necessary if you added extra chocolate chips…)
We are so glad to have Andrew home again! He has already taken the pups out and given the little one her bath. 🙂 Sometimes it’s nice having someone else work while you lazily sit on the couch all evening! Next time I’m leaving…. He got to spend yesterday at the beach and I need some sun & sand too! Thankfully I get the warmer waters of the Atlantic.