From Flats To Lofts

our lives within these walls

CO

1 Comment

Carbon monoxide can kill you. I know this because I’m from Florida and everyone there knows that every time we have a hurricane and lose power someone decided to keep their generator in the garage with the door closed so it won’t get stolen, and then the family dies from carbon monoxide poisoning. So, in an attempt to make the loft a safer place to be, we bought a carbon monoxide detector.

carbon_monoxide_detector_Lowe's

{get one here}

I went to Lowe’s  and asked someone where they were, this my husband would disapprove of because I should have just found them myself, but I was on my lunch break, and I said thank you twice, so I think we’re good.

It was about $17, and is battery operated, and even came with the batteries, which is pretty amazing I think! It also came with dry wall anchors to hang it up, but that seemed a bit much for something so light. I used a  3M adhesive  strip to hang it instead.

photo

We decided to put it on the small wall between the water heater closet and the laundry room. The AC controls are already here, so it kinda fits in, and it is close enough to the bedroom to wake us up if it even went off in the middle of the night. It is really making the thermostat look bad, I am thinking about painting it white, or maybe replacing it.

Advertisements

One thought on “CO

  1. At least you said Thank You …twice!

Leave a Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s